Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Research 3







This time, I decided to look into other forms of research for this project

In my last workshop I was given advice to look into Biology and Coral, also Buildings to get some inspiration and ideas 


Dahlia flower
Flowers


When I have been experimenting with paper, I sometimes made petal like shapes and this made me want to research more into flowers, and the formation of different types of plants and also how the petals connect with one another so well.


What I like about the Dahlia flower above is the large spiky petals that grow out from the inside and also the size of the petals when it is fully grown. 

If I had to choose, lotus flowers would definitely be my favourite
flower. I like how the petals fold upwards instead of droop down, and
also the pattern that the petals form. 


White Lotus flower
Lotus flower



Architecture


I love modern, unusual buildings. I think Architecture is one of the best ways of portraying art, they can become so iconic. My favourite building has to be

Sydney Opera House - Australia

I must visit this place one day, the use of curves and sharp edges makes it really stand out from the crowd. It sort of looks like insect wings? Many speculations say it is intended to represent sails on a ship.
The design of the segments of the roof could be made quite easily with paper.



Clyde Arc bridge in Glasgow
Clyde Arc Bridge - Glasgow


Another modern piece of architecture, I like how the beams connect in a twisted pattern, which could be easily portrayed using paper, and making small strips and then slotting them into the base with one single large strip as a structural piece.

Rotating building - Dubai








No comments:

Post a Comment