Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Poster Designing

I was getting pretty annoyed and losing patience rapidly folding up pieces of card, so I took pictures of what I already had and decided to take a break from folding and look into what I could do for the poster to advertise 'GF Smith Paper'

After briefly looking at the site, and some examples of the posters they have in their gallery, It was obvious that they go for the approach of 'Less is more', many of the designs and also the website itself is very simplistic, but quite bold.

My first thoughts when I knew we were going to produce a poster was to make the typography out of paper in someway, either just cutting out letters or maybe using shadows.

I tend to usually work best, by playing around in photoshop with an image and seeing what happens by chance. So I grabbed a photo and started to manipulate and add type to see what ideas I could come up with and what I could then do to any designs I like to include more hand made type or something...



As soon as I went on the GF Smith website, I saw a very Helvetica-like font, and me loving Helvetica knew I had to use it in my poster design. Whatever the final outcome is, I want it to be simple and clean, and I feel if I use hand made type, that It might not look as tidy as I want it to be. But I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment