Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Richard Sweeney

Richard is a unique artist who works with creating amazing pieces of artwork using different types of paper and card. It isn't just origami like I originally thought it would be like. Some of the paper sculptures he has made are incredible. You can stare at them for a good 10 minutes and it's still hard to get your head around some of the designs he has created.


My favourite piece by Richard has to be this Tessellation piece. Although not a full photograph of the sculpture, the cleanness of the folds and the way the shadows are formed just makes this fascinating.
Tessellation


Some of his other work:

 Waves

Partial Shell

After he first demonstrated how to make simple shapes in our first workshop, I thought it looked quite easy, until I tried for myself and realised just how much patience it takes, and one little rip can ruin the whole piece. A delicate but rewarding art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment